Friday, August 05, 2005

Life Not Working for the Man

So I haven't updated this blog in 5 months, and I'm sure that anyone who may have stumbled across it lately thinks it's a dead blog. NO - I just haven't had time. As you can see from my last post, I changed jobs and things got hectic...but now they're back to normal, and I have time to use the computer daily again.

Today is not a good day. I am allergic (I think) to beer, and I somehow keep thinking that I'm not really, and just drinking a couple of them won't hurt. And then I wake up and find out that I was wrong, again.

Last night I couldn't help it. When I was living in England, I fell in love with a wonderful beer called Stella Artois. It's all I drank. I bought a litre of it and carried it home with me. I put it in the refrigerator at my mom's house (where I was living while I got back on my feet in the U.S.) to save for a special occasion, since it wasn't sold in the U.S.. When I moved out, I went looking for it and discovered that my brother had gotten drunk and drank it one night. DAMMIT.

So I went out to dinner at Governor Stumpy's (cool place) at Gregory and Oak with Mom last night, and as we walked in I noticed a man at the bar drinking a Stella. I freaked out with excitement and of course ordered one. Then another. Then a third. (By the way, I spoke to the owner, a very nice man, who told me that Stella was just allowed to be sold in Missouri a couple of weeks ago. He said it's been in New York for a while, and is the trendy beer to drink there. No luck in Kansas yet, although one of the guys at my Kansas side Gomer's said that they're trying to get it in, as loads of people have asked for it.)

After dinner we went to Starlight to see Celtic Woman, a five-girl singing/fiddling group from Ireland who were really good...although kind of cheesy in a Riverdance way. Since I was already buzzed off of the my three 7% Stellas, I drank two beers at Starlight.

I wasn't drunk, but I was definitely intoxicated (any former college student can tell you the difference). This morning I woke up and thought I would die. I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say that I am the dumbest girl in the world. Who knows that they are allergic to something and continuously ingests it? At least two or three times a year I drink beer. Each time I think I'll get away with it, and each time I die the next day. Is there a Stupid Girl Anonymous meeting I can go to?

Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

Gobbles!

 
At 11:04 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

you may be yeast intolerant. I know, I know, it sounds like I made it up--but for real check this out:

http://allergies.about.com/cs/alcohol/a/aa043001a.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home