Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My blog is great

I hate it when people don't update their blog daily. I get resentful toward them for not entertaining me. I'll click on their blog link from someone else's blog, and realize it's the same thing I read yesterday, and silently curse them under my breath. I'll say to them that their blog sucks and I won't keep reading it if they don't update soon.

I, of course, rarely update my blog daily. I'd like to, but I run out of ideas. So I know this makes me a hypocrite, and I am trying really hard today to think of something interesting to say as to not be one of those people. As of right now, my creative juices are dried up.

Some blogs are really good and some aren't. Some are just plain horrible. An author can never tell. The best blogs, I've found, are the ones that are mainly interesting stories, with the occasional daily life thing mixed in. I mean, who wants to read about some dumb social worker who hates temping? I like the blogs that have a real pizzaz to them, like Shanshu and Pizzle. By the way Pizzle, your blog has come a long way. You got out of talking-about-life and into the interesting stories quickly. Your blog reminds me of Seinfeld, somehow. And of course we all know that Shanshu's writing style is just plain cool, which keeps us all coming back. Shanshu would say I'm biased, but I think I'm right.

My blog, for sure, is not all that interesting. I do a lot of talking about my life and my day on here. Most of my posts have to do with the search for a job and working a job and things I've done lately. This is good for those friends like Ryan and Anna who don't live in this country, but may read my blog to keep up on my life. It is not so cool for those other bloggers out there who find my blog by links on other blogs, and don't give a crap that I have two job offers in one week.

But you know what I've decided? I don't care. I can't force myself to come up with creative ideas every day just to keep people happy. I mean, I love writing this blog. Especially when I bitch about stuff. It makes me feel like my voice matters more than it would if I was just bitching to people around me. It entertains ME, and that's really what it's all about, isn't it? Yeah, sure, there are those blogs out there that you read, that are really funny or interesting. Mine probably isn't one of them, but I can't MAKE it be funny or interesting.

Besides, when I take over the world this blog is going to become history. Millions, nay billions, of people will read through my old entries to get insight into how I was before I was the supreme ruler of Earth. It might even make them feel good to know that I went through the same twenty-something struggles as they did. I too struggled to find a job out of college, and then struggled to balance an entry-level salary against student loans and first cars and first nice apartments. I too had love drama (okay, well, that's kind of a lie since my relationship is actually really stable and healthy) and friend drama and hangovers and everything else. It will make them like me more and make them less likely to rise in rebellion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home