Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Professional Anxiety

Hmmm, so I'm in a peculiar yet refreshing place right now. For two years I've been bitching about how the crappy the job market is, and how difficult it is to find work...especially in my field. Heck, it took me a year and a half to even find a job. Now I'm in the interesting position of having two employers vying for my mad skillz.

I've been feeling less than perfectly happy with my current employment. At the first of July, my role's job description was redefined, and I did NOT like the definition. On a whim, I mean not very seriously at all, I threw my resume out in the world to see what happens. In the meantime (like, this morning) my boss pulled me into her office. She offered me a new position within the same agency that will take me back to the job the way I love it, and then told me that the agency would support/encourages me to go back for a Master's. They'd work with me on my practicum and provide a recommendation for admittance. Hmmm...

The dilemma is this: I have an interview today at one of those places I just casually threw my resume at. The job is similar to what I'm doing now, but I would not be required to get further education to move to the next level, and it could potentially pay more.

Now, with this news from my boss this morning, my desire to leave the agency in search of greener pastures is nill. On the other hand, this other agency would offer me more money, and the not having to go back to school for a while thing is really, really tempting...but then again, where else could you find an employer like the one I have who will baby you through grad school?

I guess I'm going to this interview today to keep that door open. I'll see what they offer, and weigh my options again at that point.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

It's always good to go to interviews...you never know what options will open up for ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home