Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Collection

1. Filing is my least favorite thing to do. I hate the fact that when the paperwork builds up, it has to be filed or else it keeps building up. We used to have people that did our filing at my agency, and I wish we still had them. Tonight I'm taking home 3-4 hours worth of filing and doing it on my butt, in my pajamas, in my living room tomorrow morning. It's a little more palatable that way.

2. I'm really hungry, but I forgot my lunch again. I went into the kitchen to look at the vending machine, and it was full of chips and candy bars. I don't want that crap. There was ONE healthier thing in there, so I bought it. I officially had A bag of Baked Lays for lunch.

3. I've been doing really well following my Weight Watchers...that is, Monday-Friday. For some reason, after working all week to maintain my healthy diet, I fail miserably each weekend. I don't know if it's that I'm at home with access to my kitchen, or if it's that I have no willpower on those days, or what. I need to stop doing that, because I'm hardly losing weight when I'm eating cheeseburgers on the weekends.

4. I've given up coffee, because the way I like to drink is really high-calorie. I like to make a very strong pot, and put like 30 servings of non-dairy creamer in it. That's 300 calories. I guess I could just get used to black coffee or put one tablespoon of creamer in my coffee. I wonder if nonfat creamer is much better...I'll have to see if I can make that work.

5. My brother is searching for his first apartment. He wants to move out of my mom's in January or February. I've been helping him look, and I've realized that it's hard to find an affordable place to live in this county. On his budget ($600/month), he HAS to live somewhere that is either run-down and depressing or full of criminals or in a really shitty neighborhood. Or all three. I feel really bad for him, and it makes me appreciate my place all the more.

6. Friday is pay day. Yay!

7. Mom is starting to get pissy that no one is hosting a party for her 50th next weekend. She keeps bringing up how she wants a party. Of course, there is a surprise party planned that's going to be HUGE, but she can't know about it. She's actually ticking me off, because she's being really aggressive about having a party. I mean, if she thought someone might be planning a surprise, how does she expect the secret to be kept if she keeps bitching me out for not having a party? If she's not careful I'm going to tell her I decided to go out of town that weekend just to make her more mad.

8. I want to call in sick on Friday, but I have two appointments that I can't break. That was poor planning on my part. I should have left it empty. I have a full day Monday, too. Darn it. No three day weekend for me!

9. I stayed at Pizzle's over the weekend and got to pet his cat. I miss my cat. I wonder if she hates me for abandoning her? I mean, she has a good home at my mom's, but I know she doesn't get the love and attention she used to get from me. I used to carry her around all day while I did chores around the house. She would lay over my neck and shoulders like a snake for as long as I'd let her. I also bought a second pillow for my bed because she likes to sleep right next to my head. Am I a pathetic cat owner?

10. I just wanted there to be an even number.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Rowan said...

maybe your brother could get a roomate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home