Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Thoughts

- I really love my job. Now if I could just find a way to get paid for it...

- I don't like "Prison Break" all that much. I don't know why. It's a really good show. It's interesting and clever and fast-paced and well-acted. For some reason, however, I just don't like it. It doesn't keep my attention. Maybe it's because I'm a girl? I still love ER, and I can't believe that I've been watching it religously for 10 years without my interest waning. Man, if they ever cancelled that show it would really upset me. I look forward to my Thursday nights.

- I'm really hungry right now. I wanted Cheerios at lunch time, so I had Cheerios at lunch. Now I'm wishing I'd eaten something a little more substantial. You know how they say water curbs your appetite? Dieters are told to drink lots of water for many reasons, but a big one is because apparently you're not supposed to feel hungry with lots of water in your belly. Well, I just drank a big glass of water, and now my stomach is growling. It wasn't growling before. I didn't even notice that I was hungry until I drank the water. This happens to me a lot. Water also gives me hearburn, unless it's filtered. Then it doesn't have all that good fluoride, though.

- I'm going to Iola, Chanute, Gardner and Wichita all before Monday.

- I'm bored with my standard, favorite wines. I want something different. I'm tired of always buying the same stuff. Sure, it's good, but there are lots of good wines out there. I think I'm going to take Wine Spectator's top 25 and buy them all. I'll try them and hopefully add a little diversity to my life. I won't try them all at the same time. Can you imagine drinking 25 bottles (or even glasses) of wine? Talk about a hangover from hell. Plus that horrible, ouchy, stomach ripping wine puking that sometimes wakes you up at 5am. Ugh.

- My mom brought me back 2 jars each of Uncle Ben's Tikka Masala and Korma sauces from her latest trip to Ireland. YUM. I can't wait to have a curry night. I bought 2 bags of naan, too. I have enough to invite people over to help me eat it. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do that, or if I'm going to be selfish and keep it all for myself. After all, it's a lot of trouble to get those jars seeing as they're not sold in the U.S.. I wish Indian would catch on here like it has in the UK and Ireland. I guess we have Mexican food, though. Have you ever had Mexican food in Europe? They don't even try to make it taste the same. They don't import spices, and they use this nasty chili powder to season it.

- I hope my kids aren't fat. Fat kids make me cry. My little brother was a fat kid, and he's got a lot of social problems that I assume are related to that. I can't help looking down on the parents of fat kids, and I know that's wrong. I don't want to be one of those parents who nags my fat kid into a self-image problem, though. I don't want my fat kid to have a stash of chocolates hidden up in her bedroom because she's afraid to eat in front of mommy. I don't think my kids will be fat, though. I'm a naturally thin person, and I was skinny as a rail until my early twenties. Of course, now it's all caught up with me, but that's an entirely different blog.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

There's also this wine that ranked a 97 rating on Wine Spectator and it's only about $6.00 per bottle. I'll get the name and type from ian and let you know.

 
At 3:47 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

Shame on your for lumping the Ta with those other towns. We have stoplights n stuff.

I'm glad you're coming down, though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home