Friday, October 07, 2005

MY APARTMENT BURNT DOWN LAST NIGHT

Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Birthday dear ME-E, Happy Birthday to ME!

So, I'm not as young as I used to be. It's funny...I still feel 21. I still feel like I can go to the club and dance and drink until 4 and then be fine at 8 the next day for class (or work, now). But my body, my TREACHEROUS body, is refusing to comply. Case in point, Wednesday night. If you've read Shan's blog, you know we had a few drinks that night. We were both kind of feeling yucky yesterday, and what happened? WE WENT TO BED AT 10 LAST NIGHT. That's right, 10 freaking o'clock. Our decrepit old bodies were so tired from our ONE night of drinking that they gave out on us before the evening had even begun.

The thing is, I'm only 25 (for 14 more hours). I should still be able to drink all night long and rock it the next day, right? It's not like I'm 35. I've begun to wonder when the average age a person slows down on their partying is. I can't handle going out and drinking on both nights of the weekend anymore, because I...(oh God I can't believe I'm saying this)...like to get up early on weekend days and get stuff done, and I hate wasting time being hung over. I've also noticed that pretty much everyone I know who is my age has done this too.

So is it that we just have more important things to do with our time now? Or is it that we feel like we shouldn't act like college kids anymore? Or is it that our bodies have begun that slow creep into middle age, and these are the first symptoms? Or is it that we don't feel that need to be out and about in order to convince ourselves that we're not social losers, because we've grown past that? Or is it that we just THINK we're maturing and unable to party all night like we once could, but when we hit 40 we're going to look back on our twenties and realize we were so young and party-hardy? Or is it all five?

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

Great questions. All I know is: I'm getting old.

 
At 12:56 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

My body doesn't like the partying, and it lets me know it the next day. But while I'm partying, I can still rock it like it was 1998.

 
At 1:05 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Rowan said...

hmmm, I'm the same way, 26 in one month and I can't party like I used to whatsoever, I had a refreshment the other night to help me sleep....SLEEP! how lame is that? Yeah, the 20's ain't as hard-core I think as we all thought it'd be....god, I feel like I'm on an episode of Friends or something...hate that show...blah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home