Tuesday, January 17, 2006

No Tomatoes For You!!

There is a tomato shortage, and it is already affecting your life.

I’m being serious.

Hurricane Katrina did a number on our nation’s tomato farms (I guess there are tomato farms…), and we are now in a TOMATO CRISIS. Things have gotten so bad that Wendy’s is no longer putting tomatoes on their sandwiches. If you want a tomato, you have to ask for it.

Now, I haven’t really checked at my local grocery store since finding out about the TOMATO CRISIS. I wonder if the price of ketchup catsup will go up? I wonder if there are no tomatoes in my grocery store? Or what if tomatoes are now like $10 a pound?

So, be warned. There is a serious TOMATO CRISIS hitting our nation, and you need to prepare for it.

6 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger PJ said...

I'd gasp, but I don't really care. I hate tomatoes. And ketchup.

 
At 3:03 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Shanshu said...

I almost asked "How can you hate ketchup?!" but then I remembered who I was talking to.

I don't like tomatoes, either. I think the main reason is that nobody can tell you what it is. Fruit? Vegetable? It's a mystery.

 
At 6:27 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Shanshu said...

On a side note, I would just like to add that last night at the store there were signs all over the produce section saying "sorry about the shortage of vegetables, it's not our fault, there's a crisis, blah blah" and it was strange.

BUT there was an unusual amount of impressive looking red peppers. I'm not sure what that means, but I was happy because I needed a red pepper.

 
At 7:20 AM, January 20, 2006, Blogger DaMasta said...

I just had spaghetti last night for din-din, so it must not be THAT bad. Fucking tomatoes.

 
At 9:11 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, we haven't seen a difference at all, really. I mean, there are those signs at the groceries store, but there seem to be plenty of fresh produce and the prices don't seem too bad. Like, ten cents more if that.

 
At 8:09 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Rowan said...

care to come to my house in teh summer? I grow enough to feed a city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home