Thursday, December 15, 2005

Preparation

We have begun to prepare for our holiday party. What used to be "let's have a few friends over and have a little party" has turned into "can we fit all these people in our home?" This has left new decisions to be made, such as how to come up with more seating and where to place the large amounts of food and beverage we must prepare. Shanshu and I are differing a little in our interpretation of how to throw the party, but in general we seem to be planning together okay. One thing that I'm very excited about is that we got his mother's ham sandwich spread recipe, and those little sandwiches pretty much kick the crap out of everyone else's ham sandwiches. Tonight begins the cooking, since I would like to have most of everything finished before Saturday. There's nothing worse than spending the day of one's party racing around, stressed out. Hopefully, I can make it so that there are only a couple of last-minute things to take care of that day, and Saturday can be generally stress-free.

Speaking of stress, I have not started holiday shopping yet. I've decided what I'm getting most everyone (which in my book is half the battle), but I have not yet purchased said items. My plan is to take a half day off of work next week and get these things done when everyone else is working. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

If I didn't have gigs this weekend, I'd totally be there. Make sure Shan takes many cell phone pictures and sends them to my phone all night...especially of the people from HS that are going to be there and that I haven't seen in many years.

:)

 
At 10:44 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

Whatever, ditcher.

Just kidding, I'll tell him!

 
At 12:27 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

No need...I CAN READ.

 
At 9:09 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

lol...I totally saw that unfolding in my head before I hit "submit".

"I'll tell him..."

"Uh...or I could read it..."

Ditcher. Great made-up word! You get a round of claptor for that.

 
At 8:48 AM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

Fuck off! Clapter should be a word, dammit!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home