Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Very Happy for Thanksgiving Time!

First off, I am over the moon about the fact that after today I have 6 days off. 6 days off! I'm looking forward to sitting around the house in my pajamas on Wednesday, drinking coffee and watching girly movies until noon. Then I'm going to bake pies (my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner). Sound boring to you, but sounds like heaven to me!

I'm also excited about having lots of plans with my friends this coming season. Because of wedding planning/school/new jobs/new babies, I've felt pretty out of touch with them lately. We went out to dinner last night, and now have 4 get togethers on our calendars between now and January. Oh, and one includes shopping on Friday, the best day to go shopping ever! I wouldn't agree to meeting them at 6am, so they're going to hit a couple of stores, go have breakfast, then come over at 9, which I think is a much more civilized time.

I just looked at the puffy nipples on Shanshu's site and got a little grossed out.

I'm hungry and I don't know when I get to eat lunch.

Happy Turkey Day! As we all celebrate the harvest, I think it's important to keep in mind that there are more reasons than this to celebrate. Like, it's the one day of the year that you can eat and gorge and be very gluttonous, and it is highly encouraged by society. Mmmm...turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and sweet potatoes and green bean casserole and rolls and pumpkin pie and apple pie and pecan pie. I am a lucky girl who gets dinner twice on Thanksgiving, thanks to the lovely couple ritual of attending two families worth of Thanksgiving celebrations. I plan to be wheeled from our second engagement in a barrow and plopped onto my bed in order to enjoy my lovely Tryptophan induced kip.

On a different note, I had a "fuck you, I'm sorry!" experience today. A girl ran a stop sign that I was stopped at, cutting me off. I honked at her, and she flipped me off...repeatedly...for like, three blocks. Then I was behind her at a red light, and when it turned green she just sat there. Didn't move. Played with her hair in the rearview mirror. So, I went around her in the empty oncoming traffic lane. This caused her to tailgate me for half a mile. People can be so weird! She must have decided that today was her day to act like a bozo on the first driver she ran into.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Rowan said...

OMG that would have scared the crap out of me! I hope you finally shook her ok...what a nut job.

 
At 7:47 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

she was really in the holiday spirit! I am jealous of you--I'm at work today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home