Monday, October 17, 2005

Drinking Everything in Site

I can't keep liquor in my home. That is, liquor I like. I sit there on my couch and I see it in the cabinet and I want to drink it. It's like being 10 and having $5 in your pocket. You buy the first toy you see because you cannot stand to not use that $5. I can't stand to not drink my liquor.

I fail at having a stocked liquor cabinet. I'll go out and buy 10 bottles of wine and a couple of kinds of liquor to put in my cabinet. You know, so when people stop by they can have a drink if they choose. It never lasts more than a couple of weeks. I'll see that wine bottle as I eat my dinner and think, "I should have a glass of wine with my dinner." So I'll do it. Then the next night, I'll be eating my dinner, and I'll think, "Well, the bottle's already open..." Before you know it, my wine racks are all empty again! Then Friday night will come along and I'll find some excuse about why I can't go to the liquor store before I go to that friend's house. I'll just grab my stock of rum off the liquor cabinet and take it along. Then comes the guilt...I'll look at my empty liquor cabinet while entertaining visitors and curse myself for not buying more instead of drinking the stuff I have. I'll peer into their thirsty little faces and just know that they think I'm a terrible hostess.

I currently have a nicely stocked liquor cabinet. I have a decanter of white rum, a bottle of spiced rum, a decanter of gin, a large bottle of bourbon and a bottle of vodka. I need to reach down inside of myself and NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO DRINK WHAT I HAVE IN THAT CABINET. If I feel like drinking some night, I need to drive my happy butt down to the liquor store and purchase more liquor. I should do that anyway, as Bombay Sapphire liters are on sale for $28...

4 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

Jen used the wrong spelling of sight. What a dork.

 
At 12:27 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Rowan said...

what's bombay sapphire?

 
At 11:37 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

Bombay Sapphire is a Gin. Blue Gin.

Jen, you know that if I were there, we'd be drinking. Proof was in the weekend.

P.S. You can go back and edit your posts. Including the title...

 
At 11:28 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

Hey Jen I left a GREAT comment on Pizzle's site for you today. The picky eater thing? Yeah, you should check it out. It's all for YOU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home