Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Indiscriminate Babble (Warning, mostly shallow posting)

- It's getting cold in the evenings and mornings. I don't want to turn on my heat, first because it's only October and second because I'm scared of my gas bill. I'm going to go buy a space heater, to put in the living room when we watch TV and to have in the bedroom in the mornings. I've already closed the vents in the guest room & bath, and I guess I'll close the doors too. No need to heat those unless someone's comin' over.

- I'm on call this week and I got a call at midnight last night. It ripped me out of REM and I was almost unintelligible. My notes from the conversation look like a child's handwriting. Speaking of handwriting, do you remember in the 3rd grade learning cursive? I liked it, because I have nice handwriting and the teacher always made an example of me.

- I really, really need to take care of my Halloween costume. I have two pieces of it. I've found a third online. I'm still debating, though. Witch or pirate? I was a witch last year, and it would be SO CHEAP to go as a witch since I already have most of the costume...but Shan is going as a pirate, and I don't want to be left out.

- I'm going shopping over lunch. Yay! I love new seasons, because you get to buy new clothes. Speaking of, I need a pair of black, pointy-toed mules. Anyone know where to find them? I don't want to spend much, and they must by low-heeled. At 5'9", I'm a stinking Amazon when I wear heels.

- I'm debating my new coat right now. I want a long, wool coat to wear to work this winter. I have a faux-fur trimmed black peacoat to wear when I dress up, and I have a cute white jacket when I'm dressed down. I have nothing to wear to work. I have an adorable pink knit hat, scarf and glove set, so I'm thinking white or cream would be a good choice. But then again, I would really love a pink coat. The problem with a pink coat is that my pink accessories would not match...and white is really easy to find this season. Man, the problems I face in my life!

- God, I really sound like a girl in this post.

- My dad called last night and said that he wants to host a Thanksgiving dinner for his kids & my stepsiblings at his place this year. The problem is, that splits the pie into four portions. Now Thanksgiving has to be divided between Mom, Dad, Shan's mom, and the Meyer Thanksgiving celebration at my aunt's. That's too much for one day. Here's what I'm thinking: First, Mom doesn't really care about Thanksgiving. It's an American holiday, and she's not American. Well, she is now, but she didn't grow up with the tradition, so while she likes it because she sees her kids, it doesn't have real meaning for her. So, I can cut Mom out on that day and go over to see her the day after. Also, I've been to the Meyer thing every holiday season except for when I've been in Ireland my whole life. So, they can do without me this year. It's not like it's the first time. Wow, that simplifies things a lot...so now Thanksgiving is just Dad and Shan's mom. Sweet.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Rowan said...

wow, that IS tall, nice! :) I'm 5'4" and would KILL to be your height. oh well. At least I can wear heels, still I would like to be the size I am now at 6' roughly, I'd look amazingly thin. Yeah, *laughs* you DO sound a bit girly in this post. I like to buy new clothes too, tho' I hate shopping with a passion, so it's good. I need winter boots (last years are too last year) and a new coat as it's errr, a little snug (pre=pregnant size) so that's my plan anyway. I dunno, pink is always nice...I want to get some rabbit fur in pink, yeah, I know, not cool to be mean to the bunnies, but I like it. I see ppl wearing it, but never see it in stores.

 
At 10:01 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

Jen, you should be a pirate because then we can match. I don't want to hang out with a witch all night. Besides, pirate girls are much sexier than witches.

:)

 
At 11:13 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

Not necessarily a pirate...

A WENCH!

A pirate and his wench. Excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home