Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm Missing 6 pounds

Oh that's right...I'm not missing it, I'm glad it's gone! Yay for me! After finally deciding that I must get serious about dieting on the weekends as well as during the week, I've seen payout. Woo-hoo!

I stopped to get gas yesterday at this stupid gas station run by jerks. I filled up my car and went inside to pay. I opened my check book and started writing, when the guy behind the counter said, "We don't take checks." So then I began to take my card out of my wallet, and he said, "Our card machine is down." Um...okay. "Where's your ATM?" I asked. His reply? "We don't have one. But there's a bank down the street."

Now, why wouldn't this information have been given to me before I pumped $30 worth of gas into my car? I was running late getting back to work, and I didn't have time to spend 10 minutes hunting for a bank. "I'll have to bring it to you later," I told him. Then, he put on his asshole face. "Well, people who say that never come back. You'll have to leave something here." Ugh, fine. "What about a check?" I ask. "You can hold it, and if I don't come back you can cash it." He looked at me like I was retarded. "WE DON'T TAKE CHECKS!" He said in the snottiest voice I've heard in a long time.

Like it's MY fault. What an asswipe. Now, I suppose I could have screamed at him and just left without paying, but 1. it's scary because they're making such a big deal about punishing gas stealers these days and 2. it's illegal and I really didn't want to do it. So, I left my credit card wiht him (SCARY) and today I have to take him cash. Trust me, I didn't want to leave my card, but he was INSISTENT, as were his parents, the owners, who came out front during my argument with him. I probably should have called the darn police myself on these nutcases.

Anyway, we'll see what happens around 11am when I go back up there.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

Ohhhhh let's hope everything goes to plan!!!! Good luck with THAT!

 
At 12:34 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Where was that, I am NEVER going there!

 
At 7:56 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

It was the BP at 127th $ Mur Len in Olathe. I brought them the money Friday afternoon and they chastised me because I'd said I'd bring it by Thursday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home