Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Long Time No Blog

What can I say...sometimes I just get bored with it and have nothing to say. If I wait long enough to blog, I can come up with a bunch of small random stuff that is worth typing out.

1. A moment of mourning for Shanshu's computer. It was only five days old when it was murdered by Spy Axe. It's probably my fault, because I'm not what one would call competent with computers. I learned from this experience, however, that you should never go to any site that isn't well known and reputable.

2. Another moment of mourning for the $50 that Spy Axe stole from Shanshu, through a nasty little scam.

3. This has been the best December in years. We're on our fourth snow, and this one is actually supposed to be decent. It's supposed to snow until tomorrow and drop several inches. I LOVE SNOW! Unfortunately it's not good sledding snow, and plus with the temps the way they are (which I'm sure is tropical for Canada, but around here 2F is COLD) I wouldn't want to be outside for too long anyway.

4. A third moment of mourning for the KU Basketball program. From championship game to worst season opener in 30 years. Why, God, why?

5. Our Xmas party is shaping up nicely. We've got a small group of people coming (a dozen or so), which is just enough to fill our apartment but not so many as to feel crushed. I'm excited about trying out a new drink recipe that Shan found. Godiva white chocolate liquer, Stoli Vanil, Peppermint Schnapps. Fabulous!

6. A few of our kids are being sent to our office for visits from their foster homes without proper outerwear on. A couple of weeks ago, when it was in the 20s, I had an infant who was dressed warmly but had no coat, hat or mittens on. She only had a thick blanket over her carrier. I wonder if this is normal? It made me nervous. On Saturday I was with a group of kids, and two of them only had on fall jackets. No lining, no thickness. I made one wear my hat and the other my scarf. I think I might just start keeping extra hats, scarves and gloves in my car just in case.

7. We put our tree up on Sunday, and decorated it on Monday. I know I'm biased, but I think it's beautiful. I think it's either the prettiest or the second prettiest tree I've ever done. Monday morning (yes, we both played hooky from work on Monday) we decorated with the ornaments and stuffola that I already had. I decided that the tree looked too bare, so we headed to the store and purchased a few new ornamaments, a few more strands of beads, and tinsel. I've never used tinsel before. Now I love our tree! I fancy that it looks like a Victorian style tree. Now it's time to put presents under that tree!

8. Science City on a Saturday afternoon with 9 8-year-olds is the worst experience a sane adult can have. I know, I did this past weekend. I almost cried at one point because I had lost all 9 of them. When I say lost, I mean that every single one of them ran away from me. Remind me not to have 9 kids.

9. I'm going to a jewelry party tonight. It's one of those things where one of your friends sucks you into coming and watching another person give a sales speech. Then you're supposed to buy stuff from the salesperson so that your friend can get free gifts for being the hostess. I hate these things, but I am going so that my friend can put on a good show for the salesperson. I'll probably get sucked into buying something, too. Who wants overpriced, crappy jewelry for Christmas?

10. I like to end lists on certain numbers. It's a little bit OCD, but I couldn't possibly have ended on 9. It had to be 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc..

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Shanshu said...

I would just like to add, that Jen had never used tree tinsel before, and after she started I heard this loud puff of annoyance at how hard it was.

I stopped what I was doing, to find that Jen was putting the tinsel on the tree ONE STRAND AT A TIME.

It was so adorable and innocent I almost popped laughing. Then I showed her how to put on tinsel the EASY way and she was very happy.

Then I plugged her.

 
At 1:20 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger PJ said...

It's kinda like when a girl goes to get out of your car for the first time.

They're like, "Where's the handle?" "*giggle* Do I have to wish myself out?"

I don't even like to help. They're just so CUTE! I just sit back and watch.

It's particularly funny when you've just nutted in their mouth, and they ask anyway, just before swallowing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home