Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's A Good Day

I found an old CD the other day that I’d burnt somewhere in the last part of 2002. It brought back a bunch of really happy old memories.

When I burnt the CD, I was beginning one of the happiest parts of my life. I’ve had a happy life in general, but this period that began in about 2001 and has lasted all the way though now is definitely the happiest.

At the time I burnt the CD, I was living back in the KC area and finishing up school. I loved my job, my roommate, my friends, and my life in general. I made decent money for the first time ever (not a lot, but enough to live a lot better than during college), and I was happy to treat myself to new clothes, dinner out with friends, and a new car. I was in the middle of a 2-year period of being single, but it was the refreshing kind of single where you’re not hurting over an ex and you’re just having fun.

The CD really got me thinking about how happy I am. I made it a few months before I started dating Shan, or just right when we began to date. I think one of the reasons I love being with him so much is that I entered the relationship a happy person, with no baggage and no drama. I was coming from a couple years of really good happiness, and stepping into a really healthy relationship with another happy person. It’s funny, isn’t it, how two people can end up coming together at just the right time in life?

Anyway, I don’t want to make anyone puke by droning on about how great Shan is and how happy we are. I’m sure that with V-day around the corner, you’re already getting sick of people who are happily in love. The CD just got me thinking, is all, and I wanted to express myself.

Have a great day, selah!

4 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger PJ said...

Yawn.

Kidding...you guys are neat.

Isn't it weird, though, how many memories can come back from ONE silly item?

The brain is a unique and wonderous place.

 
At 8:23 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

Definitely weird. Smells do it, too.

 
At 9:33 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Shanshu said...

"The brain is a unique and wonderous place" = "this post was so boring, I have to lie to make you feel better.

snoogins

 
At 12:09 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Shanshu said...

It's too bad your cute little post didn't mention that you have no fucking idea how old your own cute, cuddly boyfriend is.

I'M NOT TURNING 30 YOU IDIOT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home